Posted: June 4, 2012
Finished Gentleman's Valet Wall
Whether you’re a bachelor or the lady of the house, this project expands your storage space by organizing all of the gentlemanly accoutrements that may be shoved in the closet and making them readily available.
The vintage golf clubs drive home a classic sports club feel, and the blackboard creates a crisp and dramatic backdrop that showcases all of the colors and texture of the ties, belts and hats.
• Command Forever Classic Antique Bronze Large Metal Hooks from 3M (4)
• Command Forever Classic Antique Bronze Small Metal Hooks from 3M (5)
• Rubbing alcohol and cotton pad
• Vintage golf clubs (2)
• Measuring tape
• Small level
• Large framed chalkboard
1. To determine where to hang the golf clubs, place a large hook on either end of the first golf club until it feels comfortably supported. Measure the distance in between the two hooks. Make two pencil marks on the blackboard, spaced at the width and the height where you want the golf club to rest.
2. Fold the tie in half, and measure the length of the longest tie. This will be the distance between the top golf club and the bottom golf club. Mark these spots with a pencil.
3. Using alcohol and a cotton pad, clean the surface where you intend to place the hooks on the blackboard. Let the area dry.
4. Align the top of the first Command Forever Classic Antique Bronze Large Metal Hook from 3M with on of the top pencil marks, and follow the directions for application. Then secure the second hook directly across from the first hook, aligning it with the pencil mark. Place the first golf club on the hooks.
5. Repeat step four to hang the second golf club below the first golf club. Then hang the remaining five Command Forever Classic Antique Bronze Small Metal Hooks from 3M
across the bottom of the chalkboard to hang hats.
6. Finally, loop ties and belts over the golf clubs, and hang hats on the bottom hooks.
2 of 2 found this story helpful.
Share this idea: